db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: access denied test diffs in Rick's environment
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:33:30 GMT

Dan and/or Rick and/or anybody else who's seeing this problem:
could you run

   java -Dframework=DerbyNetClient -Dverbose=true org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
derbynet/sysinfo.java

And look in the output to confirm the following:

1) when the harness starts the Network Server, is it correctly
    passing -Djava.security.manager and -Djava.security.policy?

2) Is the policy file that is pointed to by java.security.policy
    the same contents as the derby_tests.policy that's under
    functionTests/util in your source tree?

If the above two questions are both answered "true", then maybe
you could help me figure out why that policy file seems to deny
me the permission to read java.class.path, but permits you that
permission?

thanks,

bryan