db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site reorg
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:20:58 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
> [web-site re-org]
>
> I like all the changes, one thing I would like to see, though we may not
> be ready for it yet, is to promote the wiki more as a information source.

Good point. I added it to the Quick Links on the Home tab just now,
which doesn't solve the visibility problem, but it belongs there anyhow.

> In the new site it's mentioned in a couple of places, but not really as
> a first class object, in a way it's just described as a "wiki", it might
> be better to describe it as "user supplied information", or some term
> that better describes what people might find there.

The community page might be a good place to introduce and promote it.
Right now all it says is "Add your wisdom to the Derby Wiki" in the
"Provide Feedback" section, which is lousy placement.

> Though I think the wiki's front page needs to be re-designed to make it
> a more welcoming site, maybe split the user and developer into two
> pages, and have the web-site point directly to either depending on the
> context.

definitely!

> Seems that with the wiki anyone who was interested could set up example
> welcome pages easily and then we could select the best effort.

sounds good.

thanks for the feedback,

 -jean