db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site reorg
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 02:39:52 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

[web-site re-org]

I like all the changes, one thing I would like to see, though we may not
be ready for it yet, is to promote the wiki more as a information source.

In the new site it's mentioned in a couple of places, but not really as
a first class object, in a way it's just described as a "wiki", it might
be better to describe it as "user supplied information", or some term
that better describes what people might find there.

Though I think the wiki's front page needs to be re-designed to make it
a more welcoming site, maybe split the user and developer into two
pages, and have the web-site point directly to either depending on the
context.

Seems that with the wiki anyone who was interested could set up example
welcome pages easily and then we could select the best effort.

Dan.