db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: IRC chat summary
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 01:17:39 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>On 3/23/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>I think at least a "Regression" checkbox in  Jira could  flag regressions and we
>>could set some sort of minimum acceptability standard for that.
>>

>Isn't that what we have the Regression component for? The nice thing
>about having it as a component is that you can see on the front page
>how many regressions there are and one click takes you right to the
>list. What benefit would a checkbox have over a component?

A component would be fine for "Regression" instead of a checkbox.

What we have is "Regression Test Failure"  which might not be a product
regression at all.
It is used for tracking regression tests failures and often reflects a
test problem.  Usually product regressions are not Regression Test
Failures, because there is no test that catches them

An example might be:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1118*
*ERROR XBCA0: Cannot create new object with key Page(644,Container(0,
928))in PageCache cache. The object
already exists in the cache.

I am not sure if this is a regression or not.  Certainly it is not a
regression test failure.

Kathey