db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: IRC chat summary
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:46:00 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> One comment: I do hope that once we hit feature freeze that we can
> spend some time stabilizing the release, having a "bug-fix fest".  We
> don't *have* to immediately go to GA release as soon as feature freeze
> is complete.  Maybe we could in the past, when we had fewer bugs and
> fewer contributions, but now perhaps we need a longer stabilization
> period. Maybe a release criteria could include a reduction in bugs by
> a certain percentage.

In addition to release criteria, it might be prudent to have some sort
of  periodic comprehensive quality checkpoint and have some some sort of
criteria for continuing to accept new features.  Folks get so head down
on their tasks, but sometimes the big picture needs looking at.  I think
at least a "Regression" checkbox in  Jira could  flag regressions and we
could set some sort of minimum acceptability standard for that.

Kathey