db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [web] derby web site reorg
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:58:25 GMT
Hi, Jean, after a quick look, I like all the changes you made!

The one thing that regularly bothers me, to be frank, is that in the
documentation where you look at it as an HTML book, you can't go back in
your link path.  You always have to start over and navigate down from
the top.  I am assuming that's a DITA bug?

David

Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I looked at the organization of a bunch of Apache sites then focused on
> these three:
>
>   geronimo.apache.org
>   xmlbeans.apache.org
>   jakarta.apache.org/tapestry
>
> Then started playing with a possible web site reorg for derby. I put a
> draft here (without any binaries to keep the size small):
>
>    http://people.apache.org/~jta/DerbyTest/
>
> Below are the modifications:
>
> 1) Some time ago somebody mentioned the blue menu on the left was too
> dark. It turned out to be easy to change it to beige in the forrest
> config file.
>
> Is beige an improvement?
> Or leave it blue?

I think it's an improvement

> 2) Added a "Quick Start" page, linked to on the Home tab and the home
> page. (Tapestry has a Quick Start page that is also a tab.)
>
> Good idea? What about the name? Any suggestions for content?

Yes, very nice!