db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What difference between containCache and pageCache?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:19:16 GMT
Container cache is used to keep track of the open containers
(table/indexes). An item in this cache is considered is dirty , if
the container header is modified or a dirty page from the cache is
written to the container file.

At checkpoint, page cache cleaning make sure all dirty pages in the
page cache are written to the disk and the container cache cleaning
will write the header and sync the container file if it is a dirty
container.

Thanks
-suresh