db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Signal to noise on derby-dev
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:02:51 GMT
I would be surprised if the subject lines of these granular JIRAs made
their way into the Release Notes. We subdivide tasks into bite-sized
JIRAs to help developers and reviewers digest large features. I think
we'll just confuse our customers if we expose this detail of our
development process. For the sample JIRA below, I don't think the
customer will appreciate either the existing subject line or the
proposed replacement. Instead, I would recommend that the Release Notes
provide some composite summary, describing which high level JDBC4
features we support and which we don't.

Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

>Dyre.Tjeldvoll@Sun.COM wrote:
>>If you are going to add a method to a class, what should the title be,
>>exactly? Can you please give an example of a more descriptve title?
>Take DERBY-953
>Subject is "Add miscellaneous Statement methods introduced by JDBC 4",
>that's the subject that jira uses for the e-mails for comments on this
>bug. Not very descriptive of what the issue is addressing.
>Something like would be more useful:
>Implement JDBC4's Statement.isClosed() and
>Also the subject of a bug gets put into the release notes, it's helpful
>if the subject provides a clear consise description issue or enhancement.

View raw message