db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Signal to noise on derby-dev
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:02:51 GMT
I would be surprised if the subject lines of these granular JIRAs made
their way into the Release Notes. We subdivide tasks into bite-sized
JIRAs to help developers and reviewers digest large features. I think
we'll just confuse our customers if we expose this detail of our
development process. For the sample JIRA below, I don't think the
customer will appreciate either the existing subject line or the
proposed replacement. Instead, I would recommend that the Release Notes
provide some composite summary, describing which high level JDBC4
features we support and which we don't.

Regards,
-Rick