db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Broken patches
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:10:02 GMT
Some of you have mentioned that you have waited so long for a patch to
get committed that it breaks when you try to apply it to the latest.

The way I have dealt with that in the past for patches I am trying to
commit is to do an svn update -r <revision> , where <revision> is the
revision specified in the patch file (at the header for each file change).

Then I apply the patch, and do "svn update" and it often updates without
conflicts; if there are conflicts theyr'e generally easy to resolve.  If
they aren't, *then* you can ask the contributor to re-do their patch.

That way the poor contributor doesn't have to keep rebuilding their
patch file...

David