db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: SanityManager in shared package
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 03:57:03 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> OK, sounds good.  I can't see what the issue would be either, since
> compatibility is only an issue for released jars.

I think this is ok.

The only issue I see is that someone might see it as a precedent and
start importing hither and yon.
Ideally the insane build would be able to catch inappropriate imports
where classes will get duplicated in the release jars. I know of several
cases where such imports have been caught on review and at least  one
where  they actually got committed.  Unfortunately, currently our build
and tests don't catch this.

View raw message