db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: q re OnlineBackupTest1...
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 00:32:59 GMT
Hi Myrna,

Backup does not enforce any restrictions on which separator to use and
does not do any conversions. It just passes path specified directly to
to java.io.File constructors to create File object. I think  most VM's
on Windows/MAC  understands "/"  as a name separator and internally
convert it to correct platform specific path name.

Correct way to build paths is to use File.separator to separate the
names in the path.

Thanks
-suresht