db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject User code sharing? [ was: Re: Question?]
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:12:45 GMT
yeradis wrote:

> why other tools like sql server , postgres , oracle, enterprisedb, ...
> and last but not less Access  are good?
> i think  because they have built-in functions , simple funtions like
> julius mentioned
>
> of course what i mentioned is a very small feature
> but this small thinks are big aprecciated by the normal user
>
> and i thinks that derby way is not only for engineers is too for some
> people looking a solutions for their daily problems ;-)
>
> and again :-( sorry by my english
>
> and jean have a nice weekend ;-)

====  SNIP  ===

Is there a way that, as people implement such functions they could make
the code available to others in the community who are also interested in
the features?  I guess I am thinking of a Derby user code sharing area.
It seems a shame that others interested in the functions might need to
write the same code and worse that users who do not program in JAVA
cannot easily gain this functionality.