db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Question?
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:58:34 GMT
yeradis wrote:
> why other tools like sql server , postgres , oracle, enterprisedb, ... and
> last but not less Access  are good?
> i think  because they have built-in functions , simple funtions like julius
> mentioned
>
> of course what i mentioned is a very small feature
> but this small thinks are big aprecciated by the normal user

I agree that everyone would appreciate having all of these functions in
Derby. Anyone can feel free to request them -- tips for filing Jira
issues are at http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html .

And, better yet, anyone is welcome to contribute them to Derby.  Open
source development isn't like commercial development -- and this can
sometimes cause confusion.  Development at Apache depends on volunteers
to step forward and implement new functionality or even fix bugs. These
functions might be an good starting point for anyone who wants to
contribute to Derby and I bet there would be lots of help on derby-dev
to do exactly that.

> and i thinks that derby way is not only for engineers is too for some people
> looking a solutions for their daily problems ;-)

I agree with you completely.

> and again :-( sorry by my english

Your English is fine, Yeradis -- and far better than my Spanish!

> and jean have a nice weekend ;-)

you, too!

 -jean