db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SQLException and missing stack trace
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:55:17 GMT
Hi all,

I came across this when I was fixing another issue and realized that the
error message didnt show me the actual underlying exception/cause.

cause is being lost in the following constructor in SqlException

    public SqlException(LogWriter logwriter,
        MessageId msgid, Object[] args, Throwable cause)
    {
        this(
            logwriter,
            msgutil_.getCompleteMessage(
                msgid.msgid,
                args),
            ExceptionUtil.getSQLStateFromIdentifier(msgid.msgid),
            ExceptionUtil.getSeverityFromIdentifier(msgid.msgid));
    }

maybe we should add setThrowable(cause) so we dont lose track of it.

Thanks,
Sunitha.