db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SYSTEMALIAS flag in SYSALIASES table
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 14:54:50 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:

> But that is not what we want for system routines (as per the
> Grant/Revoke spec). The system routines should run with the permissions
> of INVOKER and not DEFINER and hence above assumption,

I'm not sure the spec is correct here. I thought the spec was going to
contain a table of all the system routines and their security aspects.
Must easier to review with a definitive list and their actions.

For example, it seems SYSCS_SET_DATABASE_PROPERTY and
SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE would run as definer.

Dan.