db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Request for Developer access
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:51:12 GMT
Mayuresh Nirhali wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Mayuresh Nirhali and Its been 2 weeks that I am a part of
> this community.
> I have played a little with Derby and would like to dive into the bug
> fixing activities.

Welcome Mayruesh!

It so wonderful to have folks working on bugs.  There are so many new
features going in and so many bugs piling up.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageFilters.jspa  -> Derby Open
Code Bugs   has 144 right now.
There are also more to be found I think.  I found quite a few converting
just one test for client last week.

An interesting and high value area for a newcomer might be to
investigate some of the the current Regression Test Failures  (17),
find the root cause,  and  work with the community to get them
resolved.  Think twice though if you find yourself changing or disabling
part of  a test.  We don't want to mask real problems and gain a false
sense of security.

Please let us know if you need any help or if  you have suggestions on
improving our getting started doc on the Wiki or website.

Kathey