db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: New predicatePushdown.sql diff...
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:14:41 GMT
I agree that best solution is to change the ij output to have the entire
plan printed.

The usual cause for this is not a difference in when ij truncates, it
is an actual change in the output.  It is usually not obvious from the
diff because we diff a "sed'd" output in the case of query plans and
the difference is usually in the the stuff sed'd out - like estimated
rows (ie. going from 1 char to 2 chars) which may differ depending
on timing.  Or it could be a difference on that jvm on how it formats
some datatype.

I don't know if that is the case here, just what I have seen in the past.