db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Subject: Detectability of updates in DRDA
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 23:52:59 GMT
> For updates, is is not exactly what we want, since we do not intend to
> requalify a row after it has been updated (thereby possibly making it
> an "update hole").

Would it be possible for you to expand on this? I've read through your
message several times, and I've also read through Appendix B of DRDA V.1
several times, and I'm still struggling to understand the details here.

If you could perhaps just give a short example of a table with a couple
rows, and a cursor which has this problem, so that I can understand
this better, I'd be most grateful.

thanks,

bryan