db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: [GRANT/REVOKE] Owner information of a routine
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:56:04 GMT
Mamta, Derby currently doesn't have object owner as part of object
descriptors in the system catalog. While it would be great to add
authorizationID to object descriptors at some point, it doesn't help
much at this time. This is because Derby doesn't have a way to grant
ability to others to create objects in owner's schema. Derby is missing
other part of Grant/Revoke work, system privileges. Until that work is
complete, Derby's schema owner owns all objects in that schema. So you
could just get routine's owner name from its schema descriptor.

Satheesh