db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] future docs
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:36:07 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:
> --- scott hutinger <s-hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
>> Since bookmarks and TOC (in url form) sort of clash,
>> any good ideas
>> about where to put links (not bookmarks).
>> I am thinking it might be wise to jump up to the
>> DITA-2.1 beta (except
>> for the build).  Although my initial investigation
>> into this showed a
>> difference in the globals that we use, which broke
>> the build.  Hopefully
>> it will fix some of the broken items, as xslt gets a
>> bit messy (to me).
>> Also the FOP changes coming down the pipeline seem
>> to have a direct
>> impact on what direction (I take) with fixes (ie TOC
>> (table of contents)).
>> Currently my build at work is having problems
>> (linux) from a fresh co
>> yesterday.
>> Any ideas on the best method to do the switch?  I
>> still have some
>> changes that haven't been incorporated into the
>> build, and are hanging
>> around somewhere.  Possibly a working svn branch?
>> XSLT debugging is
>> sometimes a pain to setup; depending on the build
>> target...
>> thanks,
>> scott
> Hi Scott,
> I've played around with the DITA 1.2 (not 2.1, its the
> other way around) :)  a little bit these past few
> weeks.  There are some problems with the java files in
> it that they have submitted patches for, but you need
> to get the dita source files, apply the patch, and
> recompile in order to get it working.  Otherwise, the
> toolkit doesnt build our Derby project.
> I agree that we should move to 1.2 though, as soon as
> they release a binary distribution that includes the
> patches.  1.2 handles links a lot better, as you
> stated, and it moves us closer and closer to not
> having to mod the xsl file each time.

Hi Jeff,
Are those (or that) patch on the DITA-OT public patches?  If not, could
you send me the patch?
Yes, 1.2 (not 2.1).  Sometimes I jump too far :-)  I don't have a
problem with re-building something, as that's the norm isn't it? (just
kidding).  I'll look at the patches at DITA-OT...

View raw message