db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject SQL internal information on the wiki
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:29:47 GMT

A while ago I added some information on Derby's SQL language system to
the wiki

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/LanguageSystem

This was taken from an internal IBM Cloudscape presentation on the same
topic. I added as a wiki because it seems an ideal candidate where
anyone could add more information.

So feel free to add information as you learn about any part of the
system, so others can benefit. Any form of information is good:

   - questions, vague ideas of how something works, just be clear if
you're unsure if you information is correct or not
   - links to e-mail threads or other information
   - links to the javadoc
   - writeups on various areas

See this more as a collection of information related to the SQL langauge
system, not a perfect architecture document, so as I say, any
information is good.

Seems like Army and Satheesh have been working in the optimizer, so
maybe anything they learnt there could be added. I will find time to add
information to the code generation section since I've been working there.

Thanks,
Dan.