db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security manager problems with Class.forName()
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:45:41 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> Hi Kristian,

>> I just looked at the patch quickly, and it solves the problem in the
>> same way I was thinking about. I will try it out. Any specific reason
>> why the patch is not attached to DERBY-623 in Jira?
>

> Two lazy reasons: 1) The JIRA itself doesn't have a test case. The
> problem only comes up in the context of other JIRAs where you are
> creating a new test.

That's not the case, removing the permissions added for DERBY-623
described in the description and in the testing policy file will
demonstrate the issue.

from derby_tests.policy

  // BUG DERBY-623 - sane=true
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "derby.monitor.verbose", "read";
  permission java.util.PropertyPermission "derby.debug.*", "read";

I'll add a comment to the Jira entry to be clear.

Dan.