db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Security manager problems with Class.forName()
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 23:17:47 GMT
Hi Kristian,

> I just looked at the patch quickly, and it solves the problem in the
> same way I was thinking about. I will try it out. Any specific reason
> why the patch is not attached to DERBY-623 in Jira?

Two lazy reasons: 1) The JIRA itself doesn't have a test case. The
problem only comes up in the context of other JIRAs where you are
creating a new test. It's the new test which proves the fix works. 2) I
haven't run derbyall against this yet so I was reluctant to clip the fix
to a JIRA.

> Also, the issue description indicates that there are already methods
> for reading system properties in privileged blocks "in the engine".
> Can anyone familiar with the code give a hint?
>

> I would like to see this bug fixed, and I am willing to put some work
> into it (review, or possibly fix patch to use existing functionality),
> unless someone else has the itch for it. I suppose another part of the
> fix would be to remove the extra PropertyPermissions from the test
> security policy.

Thank you. I can commit when you're ready.