db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regression Test Failure! - TinderBox_Derby 382140 - Sun DBTG
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 02:06:21 GMT
Ole.Solberg@Sun.COM wrote:

>[Auto-generated mail]
>
>*TinderBox_Derby* 382140/2006-03-01 21:02:22 CET
>*derbyall*
>
>Failed  Tests    OK  Skip  Duration       Platform
>*Jvm: 1.5*
>    15    640    625     0    95.12%     SunOS-5.10_i86pc-i386
>  Details in      http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-382140.html

>  Attempted failure analysis in
>                  http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Failures/TinderBox_Derby/382140.html

>Changes in      http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/UpdateInfo/382140.txt

>(All results in http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/index.html)

The only changes in this tinderbox run are some test changes, and not
sure what could have caused the derbynetmats failures.
Also, the tests fail as part of derbyall run, but in  the derbynetmats
suite run, all tests passed.

Is it possible that there was some problem with the machine on which the
tests were running ?

Before this tinderbox run, one of my changes that affects the network
server was checked in - ie 382021 (derby928): and that tinderbox run
with just that change went* fine*, all tests passed except for the known
stress.multi, which leads me to think these failures are  not related to
this change. I'll watch for the results tomorrow and see if this was
just a machine problem or something else.

For the 928 patch that got submitted, I did run derbyall on linux/ibm142
with jars and also the netmats on ibm142 ok.
I dont see these failures with derbynetmats on jdk15 /windows either.

Thanks,
Sunitha.