db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: derbytools.jar loading derbyclient.jar
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:58:33 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>On 3/1/06, Kathey Marsden <kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>How about  *goderby.jar*
>>
>>Only 7 letters  and documents itself as a vehicle  to get you on your way.
>>

>I like this. I also like the fact that it starts with g instead of d.
>It will stand out in the list of jars: "one of these things is not
>like the others."
>
>If there are no objections, then I'll make the name goderby.jar.
>
>andrew

Having all the jars start with 'derby' has the advantage of making them
easy to search for and they will short together in an alphabetical
listing like is produced by most directory listings.  Having them sort
together when listing out jarfiles in Server libdirectory or other jar
repository environment is really nice.

How about                      derbygo.jar       ?