db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: A question about dirty pages.
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 18:36:40 GMT
For those new developers asking questions about the code, it would
be interesting to know what parts of the code they looked at and
could not find the info they needed.  I realize with the derby layout
it is often hard to find the info since at least in store there is often
a protocol description in iapi, a generic parent class, and one or more
specific implementation classes all of the same method name.

Also as they learn it would
be nice to submit new comments in the areas they are learning about.
It has been mentioned a few times that it is easier to commit
existing comment changes separate from new feature commits, this
way the new feature diffs highlight exactly what is changing -- but
we still want to improve the exising inline documentation.