db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Manish Khettry <manish_khet...@yahoo.com>
Subject AccessControlException when running functional tests
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2006 02:15:03 GMT
I get this exception when I try to run a functional
test.

$ cat views.out
RunIJ --> java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.io.FilePermission
C:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
read)
(java.io.FilePermission
C:\eclipse_workspace\derby\trunk\java\testing\views\views_app.properties
read)

Any pointers as to what might be wrong. I reread the
instructions for running functional tests and I seem
to have setup things appropriately.

Here is the command line that I use to run a single
test.

java -classpath '...' -Duseprocess=false
-Dverbose=true
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTest
lang/views.sql

The environment is cygwin/windows. Needless to say
when I tried to debug the test harness in the IDE it
seems to run fine. Sigh.

Thanks,
Manish