db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Myrna van Lunteren (JIRA)" <derby-...@db.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (DERBY-993) junitTests cannot be run with J2ME
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:10:00 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-993?page=all ]

Myrna van Lunteren updated DERBY-993:

    Attachment: DERBY-993_2006_03_18.diff

svn stat for patch DERBY-993_2006_03_18.diff is:
M      java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\jdbcapi\SURBaseTest.java
M      java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\jdbcapi\SURDataModelSetup.java
M      java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\junitTests\lang\BooleanTest.java
M      java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\tests\junitTests\lang\default_app.properties
M      java\testing\org\apache\derbyTesting\functionTests\util\BaseJDBCTestCase.java

This change affects the following tests:
junitTests/lang/LangSuite.java  (currently only listing BooleanTest.java)

After this change, support for JSR169 run is implemented in a basic way in the new junit base
jdbc test class, BaseJDBCTestCase (see also DERBY-1122).
After this change, support for JSR169 is implemented for the junitTests/lang/LangSuite.java.

As a side-effect, also, the SUR* tests are now dependent on the new ...util/BaseJDBCTestCase
class rather
then the default junit TestCase. (See DERBY-1122).
I also removed the dependency on util.DerbyJunitTest.java, after copying the println, printstacktrace
and alarm methods into BaseJDBCTestCase.java.

I tried to make the junitTests/lang/LangSuite.java use the BaseJDBCTestCase, but it was too
involved for me to tackle at this time, I'll leave that to someone else. I had to modify junitTests/lang/BooleanTest.java
further because in addition to using java.sql.Driver, it was also using java.math.BigDecimal.

With the changes in place, I can successfully run with both jdk142 and wctme5.7_foundation
the following tests:

With the changes in place, the test 
which is currently not in any suite, failed for me like this:
0 add
> ........E.......
> There was 1 error:
> 1) testHeldScrollableResultSetScanInProgress(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionT
ests.tests.jdbcapi.HoldabilityTest)ERROR XSCB8: The btree conglomerate 1,142,688
,750,742 is closed.
> Tests run: 15,  Failures: 0,  Errors: 1
Hopefully someone can verify that this test is still running as expected after my change,
it fails for me with 
jdk14 with, or without my changes, although it seems the conglomerate number is different.
Note, that after my change, with wctme5.7_foundation this test passes, which I found peculiar,
but I'll not look into that either.

derbynet/SqlExceptionTest.junit passes with -Dframework=DerbyNetClient, but I have not run
it with
wctme5.7_foundation, because we don't run networkserver with that setup.

I have not looked at the junitTests/derbynet/Compatibility junit test, as they are only run
in derbynetclientmats and thus, 
do not run with wctme5.7_foundation like this; and I didn't change anything that the test
depends on.

> junitTests cannot be run with J2ME
> ----------------------------------
>          Key: DERBY-993
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-993
>      Project: Derby
>         Type: Test
>   Components: Test
>     Versions:
>  Environment: using J2ME jvm 
>     Reporter: Myrna van Lunteren
>     Assignee: Myrna van Lunteren
>     Priority: Minor
>  Attachments: DERBY-993-skipwfoundation.diff, DERBY-993-skipwfoundation.stat, DERBY-993_2006_03_18.diff
> The test suite junitTests/LangSuite, and the .junit tests jdbcapi/SURTest.java and jdbcapi/SURQueryMixTest.java
fail with J2ME, because it uses java.sql.Driver.
> There should be a way to use java.sql.DataSource instead of the Driver mechanism.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message