db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Oyvind Bakksjo" <bakk...@google.com>
Subject Unique constraints and null
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:11:41 GMT
Hi folks, long time no see. :)

I think I'm ready to start doing some work on Derby again (not full time,
but more than zero time ;o). I was thinking of DERBY-653, which Rick H
created and then closed himself during a discussion in October. I think it
would be nice if Derby behaved correctly according to the SQL standard here.
I see allowing nulls with unique constraints as a useful feature to have.
So, considering that I've been absent for quite a while, I don't know the
state of the nation and have to ask: Is this a feature the community would
like to have? Does anyone object to Derby behaving this way? And is anyone
working on this right now, considering working on it, or would like to?

--
Øyvind Bakksjø