I updated jira that that must've been a fluke...And I did say the skip problem must've been unrelated to deepa's patch.
However, I am a little concerned about something else.
I ran derbyall with insane jars under DOS, and 84 client tests fail...like so:
*** Start: CompatibilityTest jdk1.4.2_03 DerbyNetClient derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientmats 2006-02-07 11:48:42 ***
> ■ j a v a . l a n g . N o C l a s s D e f F o u n d E r r o r : org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet.CompatibilityTes ř
> Exception in thread "main"
I admit, this was after I had commented out the skip for jdk142, but still, it's a bit suspicious. It's as if the UTF-16 encoding setting gets passed on...or something.
I'm investigating, and would appreciate it if you could wait for my results.
On 2/7/06, Kathey Marsden (JIRA) <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Kathey Marsden commented on DERBY-683:
Do I need to wait to commit this patch for the ibm15 skip to be fixed?
> Use correct encoding for ClobOutputStream on client
> Key: DERBY-683
> URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-683
> Project: Derby
> Type: Bug
> Components: Network Client
> Versions: 10.1.1.1, 10.1.1.0
> Environment: all
> Reporter: Sunitha Kambhampati
> Assignee: Deepa Remesh
> Fix For: 10.2.0.0
> Attachments: ascii.txt, clob.java, derby-683.diff, derby-683_tests.diff, derby-683_tests.status
> In client, there is code in ClobOutputStream which uses this api - new String(byte). Per the java api http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/String.html#String(byte)
,this will construct a string by decoding the array of bytes using the platform's default character set.
> org.apache.derby.client.am.ClobOutputStream is used for Clob.setAsciiStream and the write methods use the String(byte) which is incorrect because it will use the default platform encoding. Per the jdbcapi , this should use ascii encoding.
> In areas related to Clobs, also check for other places where String(byte) is used,as it may not be the desired behavior.
> Dan pointed this problem here :
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see: