db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject BUILDING.txt and jdk1.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:29:12 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to build with jdk1.6 following the instructions in
BUILDING.txt.

I have created an ant.properties file that looks like this:

j14lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.4/jre/lib
j13lib=/usr/local/java/jdk1.3/jre/lib
jdk16=/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0
jdk16.javac=/usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0/bin/javac
proceed=false
sane=false

Is this correct? It doesn't work for me. The build fails.

Section 3.3 item (2) says

NOTE ABOUT building JDBC4/JDK1.6 : The JDBC4 class files have
    dependencies on JDK 1.6.  However, to build for JDBC4, do NOT
    set your JAVA_HOME to the JDK 1.6 location.  Instead, set it
    to your standard JDK 1.4 or JDK 1.3 location.  In your ant.properties,
    make sure you set jdk16 and jdk16.javac as described in section
    2.2.4, and that is all you need to do.

But as far as I can tell, section 2.2.4 does not describe this...
What am I missing?

--
dt