db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Dyre.Tjeldv...@Sun.COM
Subject Re: BUILDING.txt and jdk1.6
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:48:43 GMT
Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> writes:

> On 2/20/06, Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com <Dyre.Tjeldvoll@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I'm trying to build with jdk1.6 following the instructions in
>> BUILDING.txt.
>> <snip>
>> It doesn't work for me. The build fails.
> Could you post the specific failure?

Should have done that right away... sorry. Here it is

    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 8 source files to /private/tmp/DERBY/derby-head/classes
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] /private/tmp/DERBY/derby-head/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbc4/TestDbMetaData.java:82:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: interface java.sql.DatabaseMetaData
    [javac]                     checkEmptyRS(met.getFunctions(null,null,null));
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] /private/tmp/DERBY/derby-head/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/jdbc4/TestDbMetaData.java:84:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] location: interface java.sql.DatabaseMetaData
    [javac]                     checkEmptyRS(met.getFunctionParameters(null,null,null,null));
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] 2 errors

I just noticed the "fork" messages... are they supposed to be there?

> This comment is slightly out of date. It should be referring to
> section 2.2.6, and the jdk16.javac property is no longer needed.

OK, I got the error above with

However, experience shows that for many people and many applications a
dose of paranoia is reasonable - Bjarne Stroustrup

View raw message