db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: any ideas on regression test failure of stream.diff - only in jdk1.3
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:49:25 GMT
Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> I haven't had time to track this down, this failed over the weekend for
> me in a clean client.  Any ideas?
>
> ********* Diff file
> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/DerbyNetClient/derbynetmats/jdbcapi/Stream.diff
> *** Start: Stream jdk1.3.1_15 DerbyNetClient derbynetmats:jdbcapi
> 2006-02-05 06:06:34 ***
> 5,6d4
> < Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Stream of column
> value in result cannot be retrieved twice
> < 	... 4 more
> 11,12d8
> < Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Stream of column
> value in result cannot be retrieved twice
> < 	... 4 more
> 17,18d12
> < Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Stream of column
> value in result cannot be retrieved twice
> < 	... 4 more
> 16 del
> < Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: Stream of column
> value in result cannot be retrieved twice
> < 	... 4 more
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   Stream jdk1.3.1_15 DerbyNetClient derbynetmats:jdbcapi
> 2006-02-05 06:07:21 ***

This is caused by the fix to DERBY-922. A comment attached to the
issue says:

  Submitted changes with revision 374809. I did have to change one
  output file, and derbynetclientmats passes cleanly on JDK1.4. This
  shouldn't impact JDK 1.3 since JDK1.3 doesn't support exception
  chaining

Since JDK 1.3 doesn't support exception chaining, it won't print
"caused by".

--
Knut Anders