db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:39:21 GMT
Hi,

Dan, could you expand a little more on
"The RoutineAliasInfo has the correct structure to support expansion. It
writes out an unused value, set at 0. This could be bumped to indicate
that more data needs to be read, e.g. 1 means the external security info
flag is written to disk etc. etc"?

What I am looking for is what happens during upgrade if I add another field
to RoutineAliasInfo(since this change will become part of SYSALIASES
AliasInfo field)? I am not sure if it is as easy as just changing the
RoutineAliasInfo class and everything will work fine, especially during an
upgrade.

Also, looking at Derby-337 (dblook doesn't generate SQL statements for SQL
functions.), it seems like Army had encountered some problems when he had to
add a filed to RoutineAliasInfo.

Any thoughts on this will be helpful,
Mamta