db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:39:25 GMT
No, there is no specific requirement for invoker security to be different.

The reason I brought up the issue of what would be a good place to store
this is, I remember seeing on dev list that metadata extraction is not
straight forward with objects in system tables. And then I also noticed the
comment in the code CreateAliasNode.init line 195
    // GrantRevoke TODO: Figure out how to save external security info.
Putting this in
    // RoutineAliasInfo may not be the best long term solution

And so I wanted to get a feedback to see what would be an ideal place to
keep invoker security information.

thanks,
Mamta