db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:42:38 GMT
I chose to have a new column in SYSALISES rather than expanding
RoutineAliasInfo becasue, like Satheesh brought it up in his following
comment below, metadata extraction won't be straightforward if it was part
of RoutineAliasInfo.
"It would become harder to extract this info from RoutineAliasInfo as it is
a Java object for any metadata processing... like in dblook or for other GUI
tools. We would have to document how RoutineAliasInfo gets generated as a
character type and maintain that format in the future."

Mamta