db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:51:32 GMT
Entered Derby-1023.

Satheesh, I was looking through the code last night and saw following
comment, about external security info flag, in CreateAliasNode.init line 195
    // GrantRevoke TODO: Figure out how to save external security info.
Putting this in
    // RoutineAliasInfo may not be the best long term solution
It seems like RoutineAliasInfo will be the logical place to keep this
external security information, similar to the way we keep other information
like called on null input, parameter count etc. Did you have reservations
about this approach because we want to move away from using objects in the
system tables (which in this case is AliasInfo in SYSALIASES table)?

thanks,
Mamta