db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mamta Satoor" <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Grant/Revoke subtask - EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER | EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 19:19:23 GMT
Hi,

Satheesh has added the parser support for EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER |
EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER on a routine (function or procedure). eg from
lang/grantRevoke.sql test
CREATE PROCEDURE AUTH_TEST.addUserUtility(IN userName VARCHAR(50), IN
permission VARCHAR(22))
LANGUAGE JAVA PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
EXTERNAL SECURITY INVOKER
EXTERNAL NAME 'org.apache.derby.database.UserUtility.add';

But this information about INVOKER vs DEFINER doesn't get stored in any
system table. I am looking into finishing up this subtask to see what may be
required during compile, execute and upgrade times for this subtask.
Will send more information as I make more progress.

thanks,
Mamta

ps Will it be useful to create a subtask of Derby-464 to keep track of this
work?