db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the best approach in JIRA to documente differences between Embedded mode and Network Server mode?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 18:01:44 GMT
Hi,

I recently added a JIRA entry for Derby-911"Connection.setReadOnly is a
no-op in Network Client. It works fine with embedded client." This entry is
to keep track of code changes that may go in future to address this issue.
In addition, I attached that JIRA entry to Derby-310 "Document and/or change
Derby client code to match behavior with Embedded driver where possible."

Does attaching it this way automatically ensure that if someone with
documentation skill has the itch, will document it or do I need to enter a
separate JIRA entry for documentation and attach that to Derby-310? If I do
need to enter a new JIRA for documentation, looks like I should create it as
sub-task of Derby-911. Does that sound like the right approach?

thanks,
Mamta