db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject question re test parameterMapping & 22007 error for getTime on INOUT VarChar(60)
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 01:37:28 GMT
Hi,

I've been poking at the test jdbcapi/parameterMapping with regard to
DERBY-988.

This test showed a difference when being executed with no_NO locale -
instead of getting an 22007 (invalid syntax) for the csgetTime() on the
INOUT parameter, we got this error on the OUT parameter - indicating the
test got a tiny bit further before hitting the Exception.

But, I've been looking at the results with en_US and no_NO, and, as I said
in a comment, I am puzzled that we get further with no_NO for only the
getTime() INOUT parameter.
Or, to put it differently, I am wondering why we get a 22007 error in the
first place when issueing getTime, getDate or getTimeStamp with a Char(60)
or Varchar(60) INOUT parameter. The value passed in looks fine to me. The
table at the top seems to suggest this should be fine.

I must be misreading/missing/misunderstanding something in this test. Can
anyone explain?

Thx,
Myrna