db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failures running remote server
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:47:04 GMT
On 2/23/06, Deepa Remesh <dremesh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Here's part of the diff for lang/holdCursorJava.java"
> > ---------------------------
> > 14,18c14,51
> > < FAIL -- unexpected exception java.sql.SQLException: The exception
> > 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
> > SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NoSuchMethodError '.
> > < ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was thrown
> while
> > evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ':
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
> > < java.sql.SQLException: The exception ' java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'
> was
> > thrown while evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception:
> ':
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
> > < Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: The
> > exception 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError ' was thrown while evaluating an
> > expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ':
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
> > <  ... 3 more
> > ---
> > > checkResultSet before commit
> > > 11, testtable1-one
> > > checkResultSet before commit
> > > 21, testtable2-one
> > -------------------------
> >
> > Does this ring a bell for anyone?
>
> As I understand, the test lang/holdCursorJava.java runs with jdk14 and
> higher. I think it should pass with jdk14 client and jdk13 server. Can
> you post some more details of the exception from the tmp file? I am
> not sure if I will be able help but just want to take a quick look.

Here's the stack from the .tmp. The '3 more' are not in the .tmp file.
I appreciate your help...

Thx,
Myrna
-- from holdCursorJava.tmp ----------------------
testStatementsInProcedure()

FAIL -- unexpected exception java.sql.SQLException: The exception '
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was thrown while
evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ':
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
java.sql.SQLException: The exception 'java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was
thrown while evaluating an expression. SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ':
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException.getSQLException(
SqlException.java:285)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.CallableStatement.execute(
CallableStatement.java:126)
 at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.holdCursorJava.testStatementsInProcedure
(holdCursorJava.java:361)
 at
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.holdCursorJava.testHoldability
(holdCursorJava.java:330)
 at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.lang.holdCursorJava.main(
holdCursorJava.java:73)
Caused by: org.apache.derby.client.am.SqlException: The exception '
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
SQLSTATE: XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NoSuchMethodError'.
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.completeExecute(Statement.java
:1397)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.parseEXCSQLSTTreply(
NetStatementReply.java:297)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatementReply.readExecuteCall(
NetStatementReply.java:98)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.StatementReply.readExecuteCall(
StatementReply.java:74)
 at org.apache.derby.client.net.NetStatement.readExecuteCall_(
NetStatement.java:174)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.Statement.readExecuteCall(Statement.java
:1363)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.PreparedStatement.flowExecute(
PreparedStatement.java:1703)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.CallableStatement.executeX(
CallableStatement.java:132)
 at org.apache.derby.client.am.CallableStatement.execute(
CallableStatement.java:117)
 ... 3 more