db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Myrna van Lunteren" <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Main class for derbytools.jar
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:37:42 GMT
On 2/22/06, Øystein Grøvlen <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com> wrote:

> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> > Great, let's take it one step further. Why don't we remove the
> > frameworks directory. Completely. All the scripts there are for
> > running the above three classes, and NetworkServerControl, which we
> > also recently added the ability to run with -jar. Perhaps we could
> > have a top-level bin directory with a simple readme on how to run the
> > tools.
>
> I would think there might be applications that currently depend on these
> scripts.  They would break if the scripts are removed.
>
> --
> Øystein

It's a point...Although I always thought of the scripts as more of a
'sample' type file, I would expect a production application to need
additional things, like their own jars, additional settings and the like,
and/or have the jars in another place than the derby-home dir as indicated
by the scripts...

Myrna