db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about DERBY-44 test case (paging Myrna)
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 21:22:25 GMT
On 04 Feb 2006 18:49:31 +0100, Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hatlen@sun.com>
wrote:

> It is ERROR 22019 I am seeing. Funny thing, though, that this error is
> not expected in any of the frameworks.

True. I was surprised. I'm wondering if something happened along the way, or
that I just had my eyes closed when I put this in. The comment is note
useful. :-/
Maybe you'll fix it up while you're at it...?

I guess it's okay to replace the ps.execute() line with

> ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery();
> rs.next();
>
> so that we get ERROR 22019 in all frameworks. Hopefully, no one thinks
> it's a problem that DerbyNetClient fails on execute() and embedded and
> DerbyNet fail on next().

 Makes sense to me.

Maybe someone can explain the difference and that can be added as a comment
also? I remember vaguely something about DerbyNet by default deferring
execution of prepared statements, but not DerbyNetClient; but I could be
completely off on that one.

Myrna