db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not all Jira comments are making it to e-mail
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:10:09 GMT

> Myrna van Lunteren wrote (for DERBY-891):
>
> > I had run derbyall (as I reported)
>
> I missed that Myrna had said she had run tests, and then I saw that she
> did say so in the jira comments of DERBY-891. I think if a comment is
> marked in Jira as 'visible to derby developers' rather than visible to
> all then no e-mail is sent to the derby-dev list (kind of ironic).  So
> I've been missing any comments attached to jira entries if anyone made
> them through jira and marked them as only visible to derby developers.
>
> This is an issue as all Derby communication needs to happen on the
> mailing lists, adding comments to Jira is ok, as the assumption is the
> comment is also sent to the mailing list.
>
> Would this be simply fixed by making the derby-dev alias that jira uses
> a member of derby developers?
>
> Dan.

Aha, that's why people didn't always see my comments.
:-)

What is the advised procedure?
Who gets the mail with 'all users'?
Who gets the mail when you get jira-users?
And with derby-developers?
Did I miss a document that describes this? (I did a quick search but
couldn't find anything useful to me).

Myrna