db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Kurley" <mark.kur...@activant.com>
Subject RE: Derby - sysinfo call hangs
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:02:05 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Stanley Bradbury [mailto:Stan.Bradbury@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 12:00 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Derby - sysinfo call hangs

Mark Kurley wrote:

>I was able to narrow it down some more.  If I put this call in a loop
>it will eventually hang.
>
>org.apache.derby.drda.NetworkServerControl ping
>
>Does anyone have any ideas why this would sometimes hang?
>
>Thanks
>-mark

It would be very helpful to know what messages are in the derby.log file
and to get the information provided by 'NetworkServerControl sysinfo'
(when it does execute properly).  Once it hangs please try issuing
'NetworkServerControl runtimeinfo' - if this returns there may be useful
information - please post that  as well.  Lastly, when a hang happens is
the CPU quiet or very active?

Here is more information when I run the "NetworkServerControl ping"
command in a loop.  The process eventually hangs.  The CPU is quiet when
the process hangs.

1) Derby.log

Connection number: 2506.
Connection number: 2507.
Connection number: 2508.
Connection number: 2509.

2) Output from runtimeinfo when process hangs.

--- Cloudscape Network Server Runtime Information ---
---------- Session Information ---------------
Session # :2511

# Connection Threads : 3
# Active Sessions : 1
# Waiting  Sessions : 0

Total Memory : 5110272  Free Memory : 2476784

3) Here is the sysinfo when it executes properly....

--------- Cloudscape Network Server Information --------
Version: CSS10000/10.0.2.0  Build: 30301  DRDA Product Id: CSS10000
-- listing properties --
derby.drda.host=localhost
derby.drda.portNumber=1527
	derby.drda.startNetworkServer=false