db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond Raymond" <raymond_de...@hotmail.com>
Subject Some questions about derby cache page!
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 05:59:38 GMT
I have some questions about derby cache page, anyone can help me?
1. Derby writes out dirty pages through two ways:
    - A background thread writes out dirty pages based on some
      algorithm such as LRU.
    - Checkpointing process writes out all the dirty pages.
    I want to know after a dirty page has been written out, the
    page will be discarded? or the status of the page will be set
    as "clean"?
2. If a cache page has been updated serval times, is there any
    information can indicate the log instance for every update?
    or just the last update?

Thanks.

Raymond

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.

  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.