db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki for patches
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:17:25 GMT

On Feb 13, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I'm afraid I'm more blind. Where on what screen is the "patch
> available" box?

When you create or edit an issue, it's just below the description and
just above where you comment. It's small and unassuming - it doesn't
blink and it's not bright magenta - so it's easy to miss.

When searching for issues, you pick Find Issues, and then you need to
select Derby as the project to search. That makes the custom 'patch
available' field appear in the bottom left section of the screen, in
the section labeled Custom Fields.

Now that I've got the hang of the custom fields in JIRA, I could add
all sorts of things - drop-down boxes, radio buttons, checkboxes.
But, I don't want to overload JIRA with a bunch of fields whose state
is poorly maintained, either. A query for open issues with a patch
available should satisfy the answer to the question: what needs
review? That leaves the question: what needs commit? But, if there's
a checkbox for 'Patch needs commit,' but it will still be up to the
committer to review the review comments (be they in JIRA or on the
list) and determine whether or not there is consensus to apply a
patch, and the committer will still need to review the patch
themselves anyway, so I guess I'm just not sure what value another
checkbox would add.

andrew