db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JVMInfo included twice in derbyclient.jar
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:12:35 GMT
"David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouvering@Sun.COM> writes:

> Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> I just noticed that JVMInfo is included twice in derbyclient.jar. Does
>> anyone know if this is intended?
>>
>> % jar tf derby.jar|grep JVMInfo
>> org/apache/derby/iapi/services/info/JVMInfo.class
>> % jar tf derbyclient.jar|grep JVMInfo
>> org/apache/derby/iapi/services/info/JVMInfo.class
>> org/apache/derby/shared/common/info/JVMInfo.class
>
> Yes, I had to make a copy to make use of it in the client code.

I might be missing something, but it seems like
org.apache.derby.shared.common.info.JVMInfo is the only one of them
that is used in the client code. Why must
org.apache.derby.iapi.services.info.JVMInfo be in derbyclient.jar?
Couldn't this cause problems for embedded if an older version
derbyclient.jar is before derby.jar in the classpath?

--
Knut Anders