db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building JDK 1.6/JDBC 4.0 code
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:13:29 GMT

On Feb 7, 2006, at 1:02 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I couldn't find any instructions on how to setup to build the JDK
> 1.6/JDBC 4.0 specific targets in the BUILDING.txt file.
>
> How can I build this code as part of an
>
> ant all

Set jdk16 in your ant.properties to the JAVA_HOME for a 1.6 vm. The
bin, jre, and lib dirs should be in that directory.

e.g.:
jdk16=c:/workspace/jdk16

then run 'ant all' (or just ant), and it will build the JDBC 4.0 code
by forking Ant to run with the jdk16 JRE, thus compiling the code
with the 1.6 javac .

And yes, this information should definitely be added to BUILDING.txt.

andrew