db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving the public api javadoc
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:38:13 GMT

On Feb 12, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> I see this error:
>
>   [javadoc] Loading source file
> C:\_work\svn_clean3\trunk\java\tools\org\apache\
> derby\tools\sysinfo.java...
>   [javadoc] 1 error

I think this is javadoc re-reporting an error that occurred earlier
while loading the source files. This could happen if there were files
that were inadvertently selected by an Ant fileset and then passed to
javadoc. If you capture the full output of the build target and then
search for 'error' you should find the culprit. For example, if you
patched a file and there were rejected parts of the patch,
{somefile}.java.rej might be selected by Ant for the fileset, and
then later rejected by javadoc. We can fix this by excluding the
offending pattern from the filesets in the derbydocs_exclusions.ant
file in tools/javadoc.

>> The nightly sync will  resume again tonight.
>
> Hmmm, I see new content, but it's from Fri Feb 10th?

For uninteresting reasons, what I sync'd over yesterday had been
built on Friday. A fresh batch of javadoc built from the latest
source was sync'd over a few minutes ago. This latest batch does not
include the J2ME or JDBC 4.0 classes, but they should appear tomorrow.

andrew